- We are strictly a Romance publisher
- All types of Historical Romance
- Viking, Regency, Georgian, Tudor, Highlander, Medieval, Victorian, Roman, Civil War, etc. Historical for Dragonblade’s purposes is defined as anything pre-20th century.
- Time Travel (historical, romance)
- Historical Fiction (with romantic tones)
Both unpublished and published authors are encouraged to apply.
We Do not Accept
- Children’s Books
- Contemporary Romance
- Vampires, shifters
- Paranormal, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Dystopian
- Previously published works. All material submitted must be new or significantly revised (and proof of rights returned).
Please find listed below details about our lines and their requirements.
- Between 25,000 and 120,000 words for eBooks.
- Print eligibility must be a minimum of 50,000 words.
- In the romance genre any explicit sex must occur between consenting adults. No rape, illegal, or degrading scenes allowed. No bestiality, pedophilia, or incest will be considered.
- No Erotica Clause: No excessive sex scenes, no excessively graphic sexual terms. Dragonblade expects that Historical Romance will have at least one explicit sex scene and a multitude of romantic interludes when it comes to story-building, but we believe story over sex, so excessive sex scenes and/or heavy sexual content is discouraged. As we are a traditional Historical Romance publisher, no multiple partners. Dragonblade Editorial has the final determination on what is considered excessive sexual content.
Submissions and inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries shall be no more than two pages in length, put in the body of the email, with the first fifty pages/three chapters of the manuscript attached as a PDF.
Allow up to four weeks for a response.